Housewife Life

This is where I will start posting cute sayings from my boys, pictures where appropriate, and occasionally, my view of the world. That's all folks!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Dear Kitty Cat


Yesterday morning, around 6:30 a.m., my dear Edmund died. He was the best cat I've ever had. He was the first pet Chris and I had--we got him about a month after we got married. He was only 6 and a half years old, but he had a bad heart murmur. It had gone from a level III to a level IV last year and he hadn't been back to the vets' this year to get it checked out. But he went outside around 5 a.m. there is construction going on behind our house and I knew it scared him pretty bad (hide under the couch bad at times). Anyway, construction starts at 6:30 so I started trying to call him back in when I heard the trucks get started. No kitty at the back door, so I went around to the front, shaking the treat can and calling. He was stretched out in the driveway, not quite gone, but definitely not coming back. I picked him up and held him as he twitchy-tailed chased the big flashlight beam into kitty heaven. Chris dug the grave in the back yard under one of the trees and we wrapped Edmund in his favorite baby blanket and gently laid him to rest.
Sleep well Edmund Kitty Trouble Greer, Esq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home