Housewife Life

This is where I will start posting cute sayings from my boys, pictures where appropriate, and occasionally, my view of the world. That's all folks!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

my birthday-ish

Yes, I am awake at 5:30 a.m. again...with the other little guy. I hate this waking up at 3 and not going back to bed until he can tag out his brother.
Anyway, I was going through old cards trying to get rid of some of the enormous amounts of paper that we have in the house. I came across a birthday card from my granny--my dad's mom. We've never been close, I haven't seen her since I graduated high school and haven't heard from her since 1995. So I found this birthday card from when I was turning 16 I think. She had underlined stuff in the card, which is corny, but fine, then she wrote "You are so pretty and sweet and I'm sure you will go far in life." It creeped me out. This is my grandmother writing this. I had pulled it out to throw away, but decided to keep it to show Chris when he got home. Then she called. Yes, it was my birthday, but like I stated earlier, I haven't heard from her since 1995. Not when I graduated college, graduated grad school, got married, and not when I had either of my two boys, but my 31st birthday she calls. She's been in the hospital with cancer again (this will be her 3rd or 4th bout) and from what I can tell, she is worried that she's going to die. It was a stilted call to say the least. But I promised to send her a picture of the boys, so I guess I will send her a card too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jas N Smith said...

Happy late birthday. Hope you got to do something fun. You should email me pictures of your boys. I'm curious to see them.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home