Housewife Life

This is where I will start posting cute sayings from my boys, pictures where appropriate, and occasionally, my view of the world. That's all folks!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

How much good am I doing?

We have been overcome by flies. See, there is a lot of construction going on around our house--a new high school across the street and apartments behind us (yeah, we're thrilled). I'm blaming the influx of flies on the loss of local habitat. Anyway...Yesterday Will walked up to me with this terrible look on his face and scraping his tongue. Now, you must understand that this is the kid that will put anything in his mouth and if it doesn't bite back, he eats it. Not only that, he takes food and hides it for later. This has proven quite fun at the end of the day when you find apple slices in the couch cushions and cookies in the blocks, Back to the bad face--I did the finger sweep while trying to avoid losing a finger in the process and came up with most of a dead fly. Like all good mothers, I freaked. I threw the fly parts away and washed my hands and his hands with anti-bacterial soap. But how much good could that do? It was already IN his mouth...For who knows how long. My days are filled with joy. Remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home